Happy 2022! Not only is it the beginning of the year, but it's also Veganuary!
Whether you’re already vegan, a vegetarian or still enjoy non-vegan food, anyone can take part in Veganuary.
The challenge, which was launched in the UK, has been running since 2014 and the idea is to try sticking to a vegan lifestyle for the entire month. Veganism as a diet and lifestyle has gained increasing popularity over the years due to innovation in the plant-based industry as well as rising awareness of issues around animal agriculture. There have also been numerous studies to show that cutting out animal based foods can be healthier than consuming them on the regular, but as with anything, it’s all about moderation and doing what is best for you and your body.
Since this month is the first of the year it's an extra special one to the food industry. To celebrate the launch of our new recipe page ‘Cook with Cajuu’, we’re bringing you the tastiest recipes involving your favourite cashew snack brand for you to try this month!
Here at Cajuu, it's all about being completely cashew! We're always looking for new and exciting ways to incorporate our favourite cashew nuts into your diet.
So let's start with breakfast…
Mango, Kiwi, Vanilla & Passionfruit Porridge, created by life_of_jessm on Instagram!
This gorgeously delicious creamy breakfast will have you living the luxury life with its decadent flavours and ever so satisfyingly smooth creaminess, with just enough crunch from our Cajuu Cashews and fruit! Not only is it tasty, it's super easy to make too!
40g Porridge Oats (Quaker Oats were used here)
15g Protein World Vanilla protein powder
50g Coconut Collab mango and passionfruit coconut yoghurt
15g Oat Avenue granola butter
Cajuu Mango Moa Cashews (as many as you want)
As much mango, passion fruit and kiwi as you like
- Prepare porridge following brand instructions.
- Once done, add all your toppings! Don't be shy, have as much as you'd like.
So with brekkie out of the way, next is lunch…
Vegan Cashew Crumpet Stack created by munchingwithmolly_x on Instagram!
If you’re anything like Leah, Cajuu’s Marketing and Communications Manager, this will be right up your street as Leah loves anything sweet. Her favourite Cajuu cashews being the Vanilla and Salted Caramel ones! Take your regular crumpets on a spin and create something grand and fruity.
Cajuu Vanilla and Salted Caramel Cashews with a Sugarcane Dip
Salted caramel soy isolate myvegan protein powder (optional)
Freeze dried raspberry pieces
- Prepare crumpets as preferred.
- Combine protein powder and yogurt together and spread generously onto each crumpet, then assemble into a stack.
- Add your toppings, however you like- remember, it won't be a Cashew Crumpet Stack without the Cajuu cashews!
Dinner, the meal some would say is the most important - let's make a stir fry! Want to make your usual stir-fries even better? Add in some cashews for an extra boost of flavour and texture.
20 Minute Stir Fried Honey Ginger Sesame Noodles created by mealprepgram on Instagram
Taking a change from the previously fruity and sweet earlier meals try this sizzling stir fry, packed full of flavour your taste buds are bound to get a kick out of!
Ingredients for 6:
1/2 cup cashews (we recommend Cajuu Lake Natron Cashews)
2 teaspoons sriracha
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce or tamari
4 tablespoons honey (maple or brown sugar, if vegan)
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoon molasses
8 ounces ramen noodles, Chinese egg noodles, or rice noodles
2 tablespoons sesame or extra virgin olive oil
3 cups mixed stir fry vegetables~
2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
1-2 tablespoons garlic chili oil
2 tablespoons raw sesame seeds
2 green onions, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Spread the cashews out on the baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Add the sriracha, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 2 teaspoons honey, and the sesame seeds. Toss to combine. Bake for another 5 minutes, until toasted.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to package directions, drain.
- To make the sauce. In a jar, whisk together 1/2 cup soy sauce. 3 tablespoons honey, rice vinegar, peanut butter, molasses, and a big pinch of black pepper.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the vegetables and stir-fry until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the ginger, cook for another minute, then pour in the sauce and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in the noodles and chili garlic oil. Toss to combine, cooking another 3-5 minutes until the sauce coats the noodles.
- Serve the noodles topped with cashews and green onions.
Writing this has made us hungry!
You can check out the rest of our recipes on Cook with Cajuu, and if you have any of your own amazing and delicious recipes involving our nuts, be sure to let us know- you can simply tag us on social media using the #cookwithcajuu or even email us on email@example.com to get featured on our website.
We hope no matter what you're eating this month you enjoy it- we’re off to go make one (or all) of these right now- haha.
Til next time!